Welcome to the Baltimore Gamer Symphony Orchestra & Choir! We are so excited to have you join our ensemble! Here's what you need to know:
1. Make sure you send us the form in the Join section of our website if you haven't already. (If you have any issues with this, please contact us at email@example.com)
2. You should then receive a reply with the location of rehearsal and a link to download the parts for your instrument. Please download and print out physical copies of all of your parts for each piece!
3. Arrive 10 - 15 minutes if possible before the 7 p.m. downbeat at the address indicated in the welcome email we sent. Bring your instrument, a music stand, your printed music, and a writing utensil to take notes from the conductors.
4. Let us know if you have any questions/concerns before you leave!
Important Upcoming Event & Rehearsal Information:
- Please continue to advertise our vocal solo auditions and let's see if we can't get some new choir members! These auditions are open to anyone in the orchestra, choir, and of course, the public! There's a flyer that can be found here to print out and distribute.
- We also have a gig on Saturday, May 5th from 7 pm - 9 pm at the CCBC Catonsville Video Game Tournament. Please let us know ASAP if you cannot attend so we can plan our repertoire! We could be using music previously worked on as well, and that Dropbox link will be included in the email this week!
- As of right now, after discussion with the Turner Station Recreation Council, we have solidified a date for our upcoming spring concert on Friday, May 18th at 8 pm. Please make sure you reserve that date on your calendar, and we will have a flyer created soon to help advertise! Our repertoire for this season is very choir heavy, so feel free to bring new choir members if you catch any of your friends singing in the hallway at school or in the car. :)
- There is now a folder within the Spring 2018 Dropbox folder that contains music recordings for your listening pleasure. These are recordings of the UMGSO performing said pieces that are also readily accessible from their own website. As well, there are also links to the four pieces that we are using from VGOScore within the same folder. Please take a listen!
- PLEASE contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org IMMEDIATELY with an updated email address if you are not getting any emails from the google group! There should be one a week, reminding of rehearsal and any updates that we might have for you.
- We would also like to begin to build a physical music library. This will be something that we can have on hand that can be utilized in an emergency capacity if the music is needed by a person or persons. For this endeavor, we are asking each member that has the capability to print out TWO copies of their parts so that one may be kept in the music library. This will be a great help if you can do this, thank you!
- We have also created a general flyer advertising our orchestra (<--click!) that you can download and use! If you wish to create another flyer or form of advertising that you would like linked so that others can use it too, that is great! Just send it to our info email.
(All rehearsals, unless otherwise noted, take place at the Sollers Point Multi-Purpose Center, 323 Sollers Point Road, Dundalk, MD 21222)
- February 14th, Wednesday, from 7 pm - 9 pm - Rehearsal
Members of the Baltimore GSO use this portion of the website to find out rehearsal schedules, receive music, and get information regarding upcoming events.